Natural Healthy Skin Care
What are the best home remedies for dry skin? Winter’s dryness can take it's toll on our skin.
Our skin and complexion reflect our state of health. When my body was overly acidic I was as white as a ghost.
When I started training as a Naturopath I learned how to eat right for my body type and how to reduce acidity. My skin took on a wonderful, healthy rosy glow which I still have. I learned to nourish my body with the right foods which in turn helped my complexion.
It’s the same for dry skin; start with a healthy diet with lots of hydrating fresh fruits and vegetables!
Here are 6 more steps
for glowing skin:
- Hydrate the skin from the inside out by drinking plenty of pure water.
- Ensure you get enough essential fatty acids. These come from fatty fish such as salmon, raw nuts such as almonds and raw seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower and flax and avocados.
It is very difficult to get enough essential fats from our diet I recommend a high quality Omega 3 supplement.
Ensure you get enough healthy oils as well. Use extra virgin olive oil and first cold pressed oils. If you are worried about your weight remember that you need to eat healthy fats in order to lose fat.
- Dry brush the skin. Use a natural vegetable fiber brush to brush the skin for 2 minutes every morning before you shower. This is much more effective than using a loofah in the shower. It removes dead skin cells, unblocking the pores. It is also an excellent way to reduce acidity by allowing the body to better eliminate waste through the pores.
- Keep a humidifier going and keep it clean. At work, keep small containers of water close by or on the heaters.
- Hydrate your skin with natural moisturizers. Choose products made without chemicals and perfumes that dry out skin. Use skin care products made with natural oils and scented with essential oils.
- Avoid long very hot showers, and moisturize as soon as you get out of the shower.
By following these tips you can keep your skin from drying out and maintain a youthful healthy glow, even in winter!
To your natural health!
If you like this e-zine, feel free to forward it to a friend.
If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting...