|Back to Back Issues Page|
Natural Health, Issue #011 -- Natural Liver Detox
November 26, 2011
How Well is Your Liver Working?
I recently added a page on my website about the liver and tips on a natural liver detox. It's important to ensure your liver is performing optimally, so here's some of the information in case you missed it. Check the link above for more.
Your body is constantly exposed to chemicals, toxins, pollution some refined foods and perhaps alcohol on occasion : ) These all have to be processed by the liver. Even very small amounts are a burden to your body and over time your liver may not be functioning up to par. Also, if other ports of elimination (ie. the colon, the lungs, the skin, the urinary system are partially blocked, then your liver works that much harder to process and eliminate toxins.
Often weight loss isn't possible without first doing a natural liver detox. Many skin conditions and other illnesses are caused by an overburdened liver.
Liver Quiz1. How often do you drink alcoholic beverages?
Daily (15 points)
2. Do you work around chemicals of any kind? Examples: beauty salon, dry cleaning, carpet cleaning, house painting, pest control or chemical lawn maintenance,
auto repair shop, etc.
3. How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
4. Do you have swelling, pain or tenderness under your right rib cage?
5. Do you have PMS problems (women) or prostrate problems (men)?
6. Are you easily angered or irritated?
7. Do you frequently feel tired, depressed or sluggish?
8. Do you have skin problems such as acne, eczema or rashes?
9. How often do you get headaches or migraines?
10. Do you crave sweets or have problems with hypoglycemia or diabetes?
Scoring the liver quiz:
60 + You definitely need to nutritionally support your liver. You should also reduce your exposure to chemicals, (food additives, pesticides, cleaning products etc)
30 to 60 Supporting your liver may help to improve your overall health
29 or less Supporting your liver is not a high priority for your health program.
Foods that help the liver
Enemies of the liver:
To help my clients lose weight with detox, I find the right plan for their body type, the right detox products for their metabolism and any supplements or vitamins that will assist them. It is often necessary to take extra fiber, an antioxidant and CoQ10 enzymes when following a natural liver cleanse recipe.
Unfortunately I can't just throw out some names of products that you can buy to detox your liver, as each person's needs are unique. If you'd like to know which products are best for you, or get your personalized healthy eating plan, please
|Back to Back Issues Page|