Anything that depresses the immune system Candida rarely occurs in people who have strong immune systems and eat a healthy diet, low in sugar and yeast.
Long term use of antibiotics are one of the main candida causes as, you guessed it, they depress the immune system.
What else depresses the immune system?
- Exposure to chemicals
- Poor diet
- Environmental molds
Often antibiotics are prescribed long term for:
- Sinusitis and respiratory infections
Yeast overgrowth can be caused by:
- Hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle
- Birth control pill
- Genital irritations or abrasions
- Reinfection from your sexual partner ¹
1. Crook, G. Willliam, M.D. The Yeast Connection Handbook (Tennessee: Professional Books Inc. 1996) 8