Best Vegetarian Sources of Calcium
- Dark green leafy vegetables (spinach, collard greens, beet greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens, Chinese cabbage, kale)
- Raw almonds
- Brussel sprouts
- Black olives
- Hijiki, wakame and arame sea weed
- Sesame seeds
- Black strap organic molasses
- Brewers yeast
Eating a healthy diet is the best plan to increase calcium intake and from there determine if you need to add a calcium supplement.
1. Campbell, Colin, T. Ph.D. and Thomas M. The China Study. (United States: BenBella Books, 2004) 291-292
3. Brown, E. Susan Ph.D. Better Bones, Better Body, Beyond Estrogen and Calcium (Illinois, U.S.: Keats Publishing, 2000) 62-64, 84.
Return From Foods Containing Calcium to Natural Osteoporosis Treatment
Return From Foods Containing Calcium to Home Page