1. Over secretion of hydrochloric acid
The stomach secretes hydrochloric acid which allows:
- Protein to be digested
- Bacteria to be destroyed
- The stomach to empty in a timely fashion (about 3 hours)
- The intestine to function properly
- The absorption of calcium and iron
- The prevetion of many illnesses, including, anemia, arthritis, colitis, osteoporosis, etc.
If your symptoms of indigestion include stomach pain when your stomach is empty, chances are you are secreting too much hydrochloric acid or Hcl. This is called hyperchloridia.
Acid reflux and ulcers often occurs with an overproduction of Hcl.
Indigestion Symptoms with hyperchloridia
- Head ache
- Over production of enzymes and acid
- Pain before or in between meals
- Excessive production of mucous
- The stomach muscles tighten which results in the food not being properly digested
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Fast, incomplete digestion
Often those under age 30 secrete too much Hcl.
A simple pH test can indicate if there is a problem.
For your natural remedy for indigestion it is essential to reduce acidity, help the nervous system with relaxing herbs and learn to better handle stress.
Foods to avoid with hyper acidity:
- Fried foods
- White flour
- Orange juice
It is a good idea to practice food combining while symptoms of indigestion persist. Nourish and strengthen the stomach with the appropriate herbs and plants.