In looking for a stomach gas remedy, let's first look at the possible causes of stomach gas. You will find the corresponding stomach gas remedy, below.
1. Not chewing foods properly.
During the chewing process, saliva is secreted which contains the enzyme ptyalin. This starts to breakdown starch into more simple sugars. Without taking the time to chew each mouthful slowly and properly the food hits the stomach in much larger pieces. The stomach then has to work harder to digest these large pieces, resulting in gas after eating.
2. Being stressed while eating
or being stressed in general. In fact any negative emotion, anger, jealousy, bitterness, etc will upset the digestive system and your health in general. If you are eating in a hurried, stressed environment, on the go, you can be assured that you will experience stomach gas pain and gas after eating.
The digestive system and body does not function properly while under stress. I know if I am late and eat in a hurry I always get stomach gas pain after eating.
3. Talking while eating.
May sound over simplified, but many experience gas if they talk and eat at the same time.
4. Not enough hydrochloric acid.
Hydrochloric acid is the acid the stomach produces to digest food. The production of hydrochloric acid peaks at age 30. You can find this information in any medical text book.
After that, it decreases over time, until at age 60 we are producing 1/4 of the amount of hydrochloric acid we did at age 30. The stomach is not digesting food as well and needs help.
Often the symptoms mimic, acid reflux, and so your doctor will prescribe antacids. This further exasperates the underlying issue by reducing what little acid there is! And all antacids have serious side effects especially osteoporosis.
Antacids block the acid but also block the body's ability to absorb protein, calcium and iron.
5. Excess production of hydrochloric acid.
If you are stressed, or prone to stomach ulcers, you may be producing too much hydrochloric acid. A pH test and consultation with a naturopath can help determine if your body is overly acidic.
6. Chewing gum, creates gas in the stomach.
7. Drinking soft drinks with a straw.
8. Eating candy
9. Some cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and many beans or legumes cause gas and some people are more sensitive than others.
10. Food sensitivities, such as raw garlic and onions
1. Chew each bite slowly and well. Take small bites and allow the digestive process to start where it should, in the mouth.
2. Ensure you have enough time to eat and eat in a calm environment. Let go of negative thoughts, do whatever you need to do to be calm.
3. Don't eat and talk at the same time.
4. To test if you are lacking hydrochloric acid take 1 tbsp of unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water right before you eat. Apple cider vinegar mimics the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. If you feel much better and digest much more easily this is a good indication that you lack Hydorochloric acid.
You can continue taking apple cider vinegar with your meals, ensure you make your salad dressings with it or take a digestive enzyme supplement to help you digest better. You amy find this much easier and more pleasant than the apple cider vinegar.
5. For those who are over producing hydrochloric acid, as mentioned above, do a pH test and consult with a qualified Naturopath.
6. 7. and 8. Avoid soft drinks gum and candies.
9 and 10. Keep a food journal, keep track of what you ate and how you ate (if you were stressed) how you felt, to determine if you have any food sensitivities and triggers that are the causes of your stomach gas.
When eating legumes best to cook your own with the lid off to let gases escape. Soak over night, Rinse and throw away the soaking water. Make sure they are fully cooked. Start by eating small amounts and increase gradually over time.
As you can see, there is so much you can do for your stomach gas remedy. There is no reason to suffer, determine the causes of your stomach gas pain, make the changes and let me know about your success!
Return From Stomach Gas Remedy to Digestive System
Return From Stomach Gas Remedy to Home Page